Maprun is a run where you decide the route!
- You have 45 minutes, and a map upto 30 checkpoints to visit.
- Your goal: to score points by visiting checkpoints. Score as many points as you can, and get back to the start within the time limit.
- You can choose which checkpoints to visit, in any order, via any route.
Speed is an advantage, but the fastest runner won’t necessarily come out on top. It’ll take smart planning to find the shortest route worth the most points.
How does it work?
Your route is recorded by the free Maprun app, available for Android and iPhone.
- The app automatically records each checkpoint you visit: it will bleep to tell you it has registered.
- You can use the map provided on the app, or print a paper map and store your phone away.
- Once you’ve finished, the app will upload your route, so you can compare your results with everyone else.
See Getting Started for help setting yourself up.