We had to postpone the original fixture at the last minute when fresh falls of snow were imminent and due to fall on the compacted icy residue of the previous fall of snow.
It was cold on the night , about 3 degrees, but 8 keen participants turned up.
In starting order.....
1. Emily Vickerman 43:28 21 controls 210 pts
2. Ian Ankers 42:06 18 controls 180 pts
3. Marian Denham 60:03 15 controls (150 pen.) 0 pts
4. Denise Broom 39:18 14 controls 140 pts
5. Jim Cooke 39:21 23 controls 230 pts
6. Dora Deaville 45:47 15 controls (10 pen.) 140 pts
7. David Bales 45:57 24 controls (10 pen.) 230 pts
8. Lil Bales 44:56 21 controls 210 pts
I was very generous in awarding points where multiple entrants failed to find the stickers on the same controls. I had put them out of sight at a few controls where I was being watched !
The split nature of this map makes it tricky to decide which controls to take in . There were 16 in the near group , 13 in far group and 2 on the connecting links. It needs more than a few moments to assess the map and controls …... it took me 5 minutes to decide an optimum route when I prepared for this report.
Look out for more Urban Activities in the Spring. If you wish to plan one or have a suggestion where one could be staged …..please get in touch.